- 4 oz Butter (or marg)
- 6 oz Sugar (I used 4 oz Caster, 2 oz brown)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Bananas (mushed up)
- 2 tbs Milk
- 8 oz Self Raising Flour
- Preheat the oven 170°. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in the mashed bananas and milk.
- Add a few spoons of flour and one egg, then more flour and the second egg. Add the rest of the flour and beat. Be careful not to over-beat - this batter is quite sloppy.
- This makes about 12 jumbo cupcakes, with enough batter left over for you to sneakily eat. Bake for around 20 mins or until cooked through (when a toothpick comes out clean).
However the problem with angel delight is it doesn't keep shape well and if it gets hot it deflates like whipped cream. It also deflates like whipped cream after a day or so.
So instead I took one pack of butterscotch angel delight, and whipped it together with one cup of butter. This was quite a soft consistency, so I added one cup, then another of Icing sugar. A final splash of milk gives the icing that extra smooth feel.
Sprinkle with brown sugar for that crunchy contrast
1 Pack Angel Delight
1 cup Butter / Margarine
2 cup Icing Sugar
2 tsp Milk
I should point out I made these in the morning and then toddled off to a barbecue About an hour in they were all gone. I later found out that three people had eaten one, then the hostess had taken them and hidden them so she could have them all!!